- By using the Teletech Communications Website, you agree to this Policy.
- Teletech Communications respects your privacy. Teletech Communications has adopted and its actions are directed to complying with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). Teletech Communications intends that this Policy protects your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Collecting personal information
- Teletech Communications collects personal information from visitors and subscribers to the Teletech Communications Website when it is knowingly and voluntarily submitted, including from members of the public, advertisers, contractors and business partners. For example, to provide you with Teletech Communications services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries such as for services, newsletters or information, or to allow you to participate in activities like surveys and competitions. The personal information that Teletech Communications collects may include name, email address, and postcode.
- If you provide personal information about another person to Teletech Communications, Teletech Communications requires you to inform the other person that you have done so and to give them a copy of this Policy.
- The Teletech Communications site is hosted in Australia. If users are located outside Australia, it is a condition of their use of the Teletech Communications site that they accept that personal information may be transferred outside Australia for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Using and disclosing personal information
- Teletech Communications uses the personal information it collects only for the primary purpose for which it was submitted or collected, or for other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless Teletech Communications discloses other uses in this Policy or when the information is submitted or collected. Teletech Communications may store personal information in its archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes.
- Other than as described in paragraphs 8 and 9 of this Policy, Teletech Communications will not disclose your personal information unless:
a) you have consented to the disclosure, expressly or impliedly by posting it on the Teletech Communications Website;
b) to a third party we engage to meet your request to us for services, or to our other partners, service providers, agents and contractors to help us provide and market our services to you;
c) Teletech Communications has reason to believe that the disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging or interfering with Teletech Communications rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed;
d) Teletech Communications believes in good faith that Teletech Communications is required by law to disclose it; or
e) the personal information is in or enters the public domain, other than as a result of a breach by Teletech Communications of its duties under this Policy or as a result of disclosure by any person receiving the personal information from Teletech Communications.
- If personal information is sent overseas by Teletech Communications, it will be on the basis that it is subject to the same systems of access and storage as apply in Australia.
- In most case, where Teletech Communications asks you to provide information about yourself and you do not do this, Teletech Communications will not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
- A pixel tag is a tiny image inserted in a webpage and used to record the number and type of views for that page. Teletech Communications may allow third party pixel tags or other technology used for a similar purpose to be present on Teletech Communications services for purposes of advertising, providing services, for website development, for security or to collect data and statistics, such as to track use. Some of this technology cannot be disabled entirely.
- You may be able to program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent (giving you the choice whether to accept it or not), to block third party cookies or to block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features on the Teletech Communications Website.
- Teletech Communications will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep any personal information Teletech Communications holds about you accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- In turn, the terms under which you are entitled to visit and use the Teletech Communications website require you to ensure that any personal information you provide to Teletech Communications is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- If you discover that any of the personal information Teletech Communications holds about you has changed, or you consider it to be incorrect, you may contact Teletech Communications and Teletech Communications will take reasonable steps to have the information corrected.
- Teletech Communications cannot guarantee that data transmissions over the internet are secure. If you use the internet to send Teletech Communications any information, including your email address, it is sent at your risk.
- Teletech Communications uses a variety of physical and electronic security measures. For example, Teletech Communications holds all personal information that Teletech Communications receives in secure databases and in web hosted environments that are fire-walled, and requires its employees and contractors who provide services related to Teletech Communications information systems to respect the confidentiality of any personal information Teletech Communications holds.
- The purpose of this security is to protect all personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, Teletech Communications is not to be held responsible for anything arising out of unauthorised access to your personal information.
- You can request access to most personal information Teletech Communications holds about you. If you want to do this, you must make your request to the Teletech Communications Privacy Officer in writing. You may be asked to verify your identity and to specify what information you require.
- Teletech Communications may deny your request in some circumstances or charge a fee to cover the cost of meeting your request. If Teletech Communications decides to deny your request, Teletech Communications will tell you why.
- Teletech Communications will determine how long it keeps personal information. If Teletech Communications decides not to keep any personal information, Teletech Communications will ensure that it is securely destroyed or de-identified.
Date of issue: 2 November 2016